Do your heroes have swords? Does your heroine need to know the difference between a rapier and a long sword? Do you need to know if that semester of collegiate fencing will help your hero survive when he is transplanted to the Battle Agincourt?
We have answers for you. Join us at this four hour workshop for:
- Hands-on practice with a variety of weapons
- A chance to swing a sword at targets (pumpkins and melons beware!)
- A discussion of martial history and its relationship to world building
- An overview of sword types–find out why some swords are straight and some are curved
- Viewing of fight scenes using various sword types and fighting styles
- Writing exercises to help you capture your experiences for use in your stories
To be announced
Class size is limited to 10 students. Registration will open first to announcement list subscribers, so make sure to sign up to receive registration information as soon as it is available.